3/29/2024 11:26:21 AM
Create an account to submit scores and save your stats
PlayItOnTheWeb Community Forum

Discussion Forums

Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
You must be logged in and level 5 or higher to post.
 All Forums
 Development Forums
 Suggestions and Ideas
 Double Match 3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

saucyone

L99 Legend
Forum Regular
582 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2017 :  12:15:29    Reply with Quote
Haplo, would you consider enabling this as a high score game? Several of us have played it, and its very enjoyable.

haplo

L90 Legend
Administrator
608 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2017 :  16:22:41    Reply with Quote
It's extremely rare that such a thing would work, but I had some spare time today so I tried (several different ways actually), unfortunately without success. I guess it's because so many of these games were programmed years ago and just aren't compatible with our scoring system. So if the game isn't already high-score enabled, it's like a one in a thousand shot to get it to work. Believe me I'd rather have more high score games than less so I'd turn it on for all of them if I could
Go to Top of Page

farah111

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
269 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2017 :  11:45:00    Reply with Quote
And there is no chance to contact the original programmer to see what can be done?
Go to Top of Page

haplo

L90 Legend
Administrator
608 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2017 :  14:42:57    Reply with Quote
I don't know of any way to contact him/her. When the game first loads it advertises "gamesonly.net" which doesn't exist anymore and redirects to neongames.com. He or she is probably long gone.
Go to Top of Page

saucyone

L99 Legend
Forum Regular
582 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2017 :  14:50:41    Reply with Quote
Thanks for trying ,you always try to follow through,sooner or later..lol!
Go to Top of Page

farah111

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
269 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2017 :  17:56:36    Reply with Quote
*sigh*...a pity. But thanks anyway. Haplo
Go to Top of Page

farah111

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
269 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2017 :  18:01:39    Reply with Quote
ah...I have another question: I believe some of the games that have to be played for the "achievements" are no longer available... could you perhaps connect those achievemants to other games?
Go to Top of Page

haplo

L90 Legend
Administrator
608 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2017 :  16:13:46    Reply with Quote
Great idea, I didn't realize any were broken. I see the Mario game is gone, are there any others that are broken? Also, do you have any ideas for games that would make good replacements?

What I was trying to do when I set those achievements up, is make a goal/objective that is not just "score X points". So like the gnome pinball game for example, I played it for a while and saw that if you did defeat the king it automatically gave you a million points. So it worked great as an achievement "Kill the gnome king." So for replacement candidates I'd like to find a game where there is something you can accomplish in the game to get a certain score. So that it ends being about more than just the score.

Other possibilities are games where is a "perfect" possible score.
Go to Top of Page

farah111

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
269 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2017 :  14:26:40    Reply with Quote
uhm...I have no idea. Just....how about replace them all?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: