4/17/2024 9:50:33 PM
Create an account to submit scores and save your stats
PlayItOnTheWeb Community Forum

Discussion Forums

Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
You must be logged in and level 5 or higher to post.
 All Forums
 General Forums
 Site Discussion
 Agile Crosswords
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pinkspoonbill

L92 Legend
Forum Novice
21 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2022 :  12:26:56    Reply with Quote
Want to let people know there is another site related to this one (PIOTW) and it shares the same IP number. I think it was set up by the same person or people (Haplo, most likely). Here's the link:

http://www.agilecrosswords.com/play/

I do not think there are any other sites on this IP besides these two. If you stop by here occasionally, and therefore see my post here, you might want to check out the crosswords. You can make your own puzzles and do other people's. I am hoping with interest in both this site and that one, that the IP number can continue to be hosted with the two domains registered (currently the registration will end in July 2024).

PIOTW is, by far, the best gaming site I have seen in my travels to find games that do not use FlashPlayer. The set up with the gauntlet, etc is ingenious and very compelling. Makes for a good community, too. So, at the very least, I would like to see this site continue to operate with new games added using other platforms besides Flash. I know little about IT, very little, so sometimes it seems feasible to convert these games, and sometimes not. I am pretty sure you can download software that lets you play. On Kongregate, look up Zirch and some others, you will have instructions for one such platform using Chrome. It is possible Opera as a browser may work? And there are probably other options, too.

So far, I've found some of these games already converted on a couple of other sites. Multiplication station is on MyGamesWorld, for example, as are some others here. So, some are already converted out of Flash. Makes sense we could all have our favorites converted at some point in the future?

Anyway, if Haplo sees this, I would like to tell him he has given us all an amazing gift over the past 20 years. How I hope it can continue in some form, whether with new games or with gradually converting older ones. I, for one, would love to see ads generate some revenue rather than losing the site altogether. The only ads that are truly annoying are the ones that play mandatory before each game. Side bar ads are fine. Also, I would consider a reasonable subscription fee if the site is maintained and the features such as Player Challenges work. Because the games playing games are so compelling and unique, and I don't want to lose it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: