4/25/2024 8:55:54 AM
Create an account to submit scores and save your stats
PlayItOnTheWeb Community Forum

Discussion Forums

Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
You must be logged in and level 5 or higher to post.
 All Forums
 General Forums
 Site Discussion
 High Score Reset
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

haplo

L90 Legend
Administrator
608 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2017 :  22:05:32    Reply with Quote
PlayItOnTheWeb is 10 years old, and as far as I know we've never had a score reset in all that time. As I've discussed with some of you, I'd like to do a score reset soon to breathe some fresh life into the site, I think it will be very exciting!

The reason I haven't done it yet is that I am implementing some new anti-cheating code. It is mostly working and I have been gathering and examining some very good data. I don't want to do multiple score resets, though, just one, so I want to make sure everything is working very well before I pull the switch.

I'm going to be out of town for Thanksgiving and was hoping to be ready before then but it looks like we're not there yet. I'm using the data I'm gathering to refine the algorithm, so although the code is mostly written I'd like a little more. So, although it won't be ready in time for Thanksgiving, I'm quite sure it'll be ready in early December so it'll be a nice Christmas present for everyone so if you're bored over the Christmas break there will be lots of empty games to claim and plant your flag on.

Don't bother asking me about cheating behaviors or the anti-cheating code I'm writing as I don't want to reveal anything there, but if anybody has any other questions (or comments or suggestions) about the high score reset, feel free to leave a comment! If you have a question or suggestion on another topic, please create a new thread rather than replying here. Thanks!

haplo

L90 Legend
Administrator
608 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2017 :  22:08:51    Reply with Quote
Oh and Happy Holidays everybody! Eat lots of turkey next week! (If you are American)
Go to Top of Page

farah111

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
269 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2017 :  10:59:41    Reply with Quote
Vegetarian greetings! Har Har Har.
Looking forward for the reset. Yes
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic