3/28/2024 3:24:21 PM
Create an account to submit scores and save your stats
PlayItOnTheWeb Community Forum

Discussion Forums

Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
You must be logged in and level 5 or higher to post.
 All Forums
 Development Forums
 Suggestions and Ideas
 Suggestions for quests
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jonnyfingers

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
143 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2013 :  15:32:25    Reply with Quote
Hey there for the quests on this website. If that's alright if you add that option for the quests like win a game so that everybody could get experience points? How about this if you beat the game and won the game you could get experience points. What do you think?

Edited by - jonny001 on 09/24/2013 15:34:10

jonnyfingers

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
143 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2013 :  16:00:10    Reply with Quote
And what about sharing a game on Twitter so everybody could earn experience points? What do you think also?
Go to Top of Page

saucyone

L99 Legend
Forum Regular
582 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2013 :  16:28:39    Reply with Quote
sweetie,just play the games and earn your xp
Go to Top of Page

haplo

L90 Legend
Administrator
608 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2013 :  17:13:17    Reply with Quote
One limitation is that I only receive a score number when you "submit" after finishing a game. I don't know if you "won" the game or any other stats, I only get that one number, the score.

There are a few achievements where it asks you to "beat" a game, games that I've found that you can tell if a person has beat it just by looking at the score. For example, the memory game has 12 squares so I know that 12 would be a perfect score, and so I made an achievement for it cuz I think having a few of those is a fun addition to the site. (Though I changed it later to be 14 moves letting you make one mistake, because a perfect score was so hard on that game)

Similarly, there's Gnome Pinball, where after playing it for a while I noticed that if you got to the top level and defeated the king it gave you a million points, a score that was hard to get to any other way, like just bouncing the ball around for a long time on lower levels. So I made the achievement to "defeat the king" but it really just checks for score >= 1,000,000, because its hard to get that score without actually beating the king.

I would like to add a few more of those as achievements, but I haven't had time to really play a lot of games and find good ones like Gnome Pinball where there was something you could do to get a particular score and no other way to get that score. Long-term it's something I'd like to add more of, though.

In regards to twitter, the facebook liking while worthwhile is also kind of a pain in the neck is some ways (doesn't always work consistently, etc). I don't want to add twitter and its own set of problems just yet, though I haven't ruled out the possibility that I might do it in the far future. But for now, just having facebook is bad enough I think. So not gonna add twitter anytime soon.
Go to Top of Page

jonnyfingers

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
143 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2013 :  18:40:31    Reply with Quote
Well then just keep Facebook and Twitter on this website as it supposed to be so everybody could like a game on Facebook and Twitter.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: