3/28/2024 8:01:40 AM
Create an account to submit scores and save your stats
PlayItOnTheWeb Community Forum

Discussion Forums

Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
You must be logged in and level 5 or higher to post.
 All Forums
 General Forums
 Site Discussion
 AMAZING!
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

saucyone

L99 Legend
Forum Regular
582 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2022 :  16:57:48    Reply with Quote
I wish you the very best in becoming number one on this website as on My Games. as a Nurse,you have a serious problem..truck on.....what a cheater....you can not win. As for my age,that's laughable.... enjoy your cheating.hahahahhahahahahha

tasosmulti

L18 Nooblet
Forum Beginner
8 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2022 :  18:54:49    Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'm the greatest cheater you have ever seen! You know why? Because there was a time when I would play fair and then lose my first ranks to cheating worms. Plus I was the only one to get banned! Anyway, Haplo is not around to fix the player challenges issue, so I can do whatever I want!
Go to Top of Page

pinkspoonbill

L92 Legend
Forum Novice
21 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2022 :  19:47:37    Reply with Quote
Tasosmulti - As you mention, you understand the frustration of someone cheating. Then, you mention you are the greatest cheater we have ever seen! Well, first off, I would have no idea how to cheat, so you must have pretty good computer skills. But, the point I'd like to make is, since you know what it is like to be on the cheatED end, why would you cheat with people who do not? Why not cheat on the games with the scores of people who cheated to get those scores - rather than players who have never cheated? Seems like just perpetuating the problem, and causing grief to players who are honest.

In any event, whoever cheats, ultimately discredits themselves. If they cheat to the point where no one can beat their score, then every score they get is suspect. Did they cheat to get it or was it legit? Even legit ones where the player is really good at the game is not believed once someone knows that person is willing and able to cheat elsewhere.

Hope this makes sense and appreciate your insight on the issue when you get a chance.
Go to Top of Page

tasosmulti

L18 Nooblet
Forum Beginner
8 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2022 :  02:11:26    Reply with Quote
Oh, please, come on, are you trying to tell me there have never been any cheaters on this site in the past? It has been around for almost 15 years now and there have been many users that are either inactive or banned (their profiles are unreachable, anyway). Of those banned users, were ALL of them just banned for multies or repeated vulgarity? Was there absolutely no one that EVER cheated? I will just give the example of the player ranked second on the leaderboard with the most all-time highscores, Rutynista. They do not have the Ring of Smoke equipped, so you can clearly check their highscores through the "History" tab. If you pay attention to many games where they rank #1, you will find out that there were like 10 people who played the game and Rutynista happen to have a score that is like 5 times the score of the second-ranked player, maybe even more. Does that mean everyone else was just bored to complete the game or progress enough? Don't you have the slightest doubt they (Rutynista) cheated in some way? The only person who could resolve this issue is (was) haplo, but they have not visited the site even ONCE since Rutynista joined.

As for why I am choosing to cheat, well, it is mainly because I believe the person ranked #1 before I play the game cheated as well. I never cheat in games where there is a max score possible (like the Geography or Mahjong Mayhem ones, Deal or No Deal, Who Wants to be a Millionaire etc) as the scores are ranked in a way so that the user who was the first to play the game and submit the maximum possible score is ranked #1 forever (unless a score reset happens, well, whatever). If I get a score that is out of reach for anyone who does NOT cheat, it will be easy for them to figure out. Another reason has to do with my frustration over the fact player challenges do not work since Flash Player became obsolete (just one more issue haplo could probably fix, duh), as I could have been able to enter the Achievements leaderboard were they functional...

I hope this has helped you figure out what is going on in my mind. If not, well, not all people think and act the same way.

Edited by - tasosmulti on 09/07/2022 08:12:00
Go to Top of Page

pinkspoonbill

L92 Legend
Forum Novice
21 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2022 :  21:55:08    Reply with Quote
Appreciate it. So, as you said, if you get a score that is out of reach for anyone who does NOT cheat, does that mean you try to get a score that looks in reach? So they don't know if you cheated or not? Because, yeah, if you get an impossibly high score, everyone will be pretty sure you cheated. Then, they won't believe the scores you get that are legit. I can say, if you find a game where I am number one on it (ie Dumbstruck at one time), I did not cheat to get it. I have no idea how to cheat, and do not prefer to learn. So, even if you assume that I cheated because I am number one on a game, you would be wrong.

I think a little differently. I think that if I cheated, then I lose all the fun of the game. The fun for me is, totally, trying to get better and better and get a higher and higher score. Once I'd cheat, I'd probably lose interest in the game - I'm guessing since I haven't cheated. Just would ruin the fun for me. I'd say, Why? What is the purpose in cheating? What is the purpose in playing? For me.

And, no, I do not think there were no cheaters in the past. There was one game a few years ago that I just COULDN'T figure out how the high score got there. Kept playing and playing and couldn't get close. I forget which game or who it was, then Haplo reset the scores on it. If I had any doubts about cheating, Haplo had to reset scores because of it, so then it must have been in some games.

You do know, though, if you cheat to get a high score, then all the gauntlets that involve that game become moot. Because the gauntlet required score is based off of the highest score. If that score is impossibly high, then the 90th percentile (or whatever it is) that is required to achieve the gauntlet is also impossible. So, that game can never be won in a daily gauntlet. Then, you can't get to the following games behind it if it is a tier one or two. One of someone's favorite games might be a tier 2 or 3 choice for that day, but they can never get there because the first tier requirement is based off of a cheated score. And, the other players can't get there either and see the top score the really good player got.

I so wish Haplo would come back and fix the player challenges page. And apply an overall fix for Flash. But, even if he didn't fix Flash, but did fix player challenges and had this site going another ten years again, that would be great for finding a way to bypass Flash myself. If he'd get this site back up, and especially if he allowed new games here, ones that never used Flash to begin with, but kept the entire platform up, I would definitely be here daily, and would consider a reasonable subscription fee. There is so much potential in this site and the ideas behind it. My last hope is that when the registration of the website name ends in 2024, he will be back. I wish I knew how he was setting up the hosting with the IP provider. Because if he is actively paying a monthly or yearly bill, then he is aware and intentionally keeping this up. That would be promising too. If only we could reach him.
Go to Top of Page

tasosmulti

L18 Nooblet
Forum Beginner
8 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2022 :  02:52:08    Reply with Quote
Thank you. You sound like you get it perfectly - to a certain extent, at least.

If there is a game with a maximum possible score, the user who got up there before everyone else is ranked #1. If I score even 1 single point above that, then I am probably cheating, it is not that hard to figure it out. Let's take Geography: Middle East for example. There is a perfect score of 170 points, as you are asked to identify 17 countries and get 10 points for each correct guess. If you don't need to take any second tries for a particular country, it's 17*10=170 points. You are ranked #1 as you were the first user to score that high, probably made that score as soon as haplo reset the previous ones. In this case, I'll just settle for whichever rank I can achieve by scoring the same maximum amount of points you did. I could score 171 points or 2147483647 points (the greatest score you can possibly have in any game) by cheating and you would be able to realise that in both instances, even though 2147483647 is like 12500000+ times greater than 171.

Then we get a great number of games where a max possible score does not exist or is unknown. If you (or whoever is ranked first) has managed to score 5 or 10 times higher than the second-ranked user, something must be going on. Either you were able to progress way further than anyone else (possibly even complete the game, if it can be completed), or it is a case of cheating, though not as obvious as one in a game with a maximum achievable score.

I understand what you mention about the gauntlet stages. I have been able to figure that out myself. But this would only matter had there been like 10 users competing in the gauntlets on a daily basis. Ever since the support for Adobe Flash Player ended, I think I'm the only user trying to find some interest in playing games that are part of the gauntlets each day. Just about an hour ago, I finally managed to enter the Gauntlet Awards leaderboard after having accumulated more awards than ollievonpearl. Though I do not think I will keep playing these forever. I might get somewhere closer to the seventh place and then give up.

I like the fact you are hopeful about Haplo returning and sorting things out, however, I think I happen to be a bit more realistic with regard to this issue. They seem to have indefinitely left the site, they have not logged in ONCE in over 4 years. The domain name must have been updated at least one time in all these 15-16 years the site has been running, though the last time it happened might have been way before 2018, when haplo left. Perhaps they knew the direction Flash Player was going towards, as Adobe first announced it in 2017. And keeping the site up with games made using a different platform, such as HTML5, either directly (games specifically made for HTML5) or indirectly (Flash games later converted to HTML5) sounds like a monumental task. The player challenges stopped working the day Flash became obsolete, it can't have been a coincidence. These two facts are somehow linked. But I don't think there is a certain way of us reaching haplo...

Edited by - tasosmulti on 09/08/2022 02:55:33
Go to Top of Page

pinkspoonbill

L92 Legend
Forum Novice
21 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2022 :  21:11:40    Reply with Quote
And I thought all those scores on Geography that went over 170 were obtained by using the runes and other items from the shop. I thought there was a legit way that an extra percent was added to a top score. Because on the times this was a gauntlet, I'd see 171 or 172. I thought someone used one of the items in the shop. Had I seen the astronomical scores, I'd have known it was cheating.

The gauntlet cheating problem has been going on for years, before Flash died. So, even though now it doesn't matter if you push up the score requirement, it already hindered most of us and caused us to lose the fun of a lot of gauntlets. So, for the last few years we could all enjoy this site, the gauntlet was messed up each day when it was impossible for us to complete a stage and get to the next. Sometimes it was infuriating if I saw my favorite game locked behind a game I couldn't possibly pass. So, the damage from the cheating has already been done numerous times with really unpleasant consequences for a lot of other players.

It is discouraging that Haplo has not been here once in 4 years, and that it coincided with losing Flash. I know he had taken a long hiatus before, and then come back because I read it here in forum. But this one is probably longer, and with Flash gone, is more dismal. I have no idea how hard it is to turn these games into Flash. A programmer friend said he wouldn't do it for less than 60 per hour if he was hired for that sort of thing. I did find a website that promised to save these games, but there were thousands of game requests on it. I'll see if I can find that site.

To run any website, you need two things. A registrar to register the name, and a hosting company to host the site on your IP. This site was last registered in about 2014 with a ten-year registration time (and a 10-year registration before that one). So, that was done for ten years, and probably doesn't need any attention from the owner. However, to host the site on the IP number, I would think would require a yearly fee? I don't know. I would think hosting prices could be high for a ten-year span, like subscribing to anything for 10 years rather than paying by month or year or every 2 years. This is just a guess as I have never registered a name or bought hosting services. If the hosting is paid by the owner every year, then they are actively supporting it in time, including the past 4 years that Haplo has been gone. If the owner just paid for ten years of hosting, like they did for registration, well, chances are it will all go kaput in 2024. This is my understanding of how it works, but I have never taken any classes or read any books on it, so I'm probably missing something on it. You can find out when the registration happened, and for how long on most "who-is" sites. You can see what company the name is registered with and who is the host. However, getting a message through these companies to their customer is a totally different animal. They will not help. Period. Even just getting a message through without giving us any info on that customer.

I do hope Haplo is still with us on this Earth, and simply has left of his own accord. It would have been really, really, really nice if he had dropped by and explained how hard it would be to convert all these games (or not hard), or told us of the plans, or offered to sell the site to someone else. The site has real value to it. However, from the forum, I have seen a lot of trash talk about Haplo not doing something or other, and so, if he has simply vanished, I can't totally blame him. No matter what he does or doesn't do, everything about this site has been an incredible gift from him to us. We have paid nothing for many years of hours of enjoyment. We have not had to put up with any ads. If we complain, it is like receiving a birthday gift and telling the giver how upset we are that it wasn't in the right color or the right style, but worse since Haplo gave this to us without even knowing any of us or exchanging previous gifts with us. Unless we have paid a subscription, none of us have any right to say anything bad about how this is run, what happened in the past or what we expect in the future. We can ask. We should be thankful, but we can't complain as it was a really valuable gift.

I just hope we hear from Haplo instead of (or before) logging on here and finding an empty screen that says the site is broken and all is gone. I wish there was a way to offer to pay him to continue it, or a way to get someone else to buy it and run it if he is finished.

One last thing on cheating. While the cheater(s) are enjoying the fruits of their gaming dishonesty, it is everyone else who is paying the price.

Pinkspoonbill
Go to Top of Page

jonnyfingers

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
143 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2023 :  15:26:39    Reply with Quote
I know it's an old post. Even though this site is still active, besides not all everybody get on this site at most. Saucyone if you have not realized, look I don't want to be rude or anything, but I have done nothing wrong to you. I want to let you know that tasos has done nothing wrong to me, he only message me for the Elixirs to gain his XP and I gave him that and he taught me how to play flash games on other browsers that still supports Flash Player, he also gave me gold in exchange for Elixirs for his XP because back then the XP didn't work before on that site, that's why he message me back then for that. Not only that I helped him but some users also helped him. Now that I told you the truth, Saucyone. Just want to tell you kindly this Saucyone, just leave me out of this regarding tasos as he isn't my problem to me. Though tasos still have some friends on his profile, not all everybody against him and I have nothing to do with him, and I won't pursue and I won't against him, just wanted to remind you guys, also I don't know how to cheat and I rather not to cheat on this site as I don't want to ruin somebody scores and I don't want to be involved in cheating on this site and I have nothing to do with that as I have no involvement in cheating. Besides Haplo isn't active the most. And I do not care if tasos involving in cheating as I did not know about this, that's just tasos own decision and let's just leave it be. Also I have since stopped playing those games on this site since as I didn't care of playing those games on this site. Let's just leave it from the past and to move on. I hope you guys understand.

Edited by - jonnyfingers on 04/28/2023 16:49:31
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: