3/29/2024 10:23:37 AM
Create an account to submit scores and save your stats
PlayItOnTheWeb Community Forum

Discussion Forums

Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
You must be logged in and level 5 or higher to post.
 All Forums
 Development Forums
 Help / Bug Reports
 Incompatible
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

farah111

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
269 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2020 :  03:59:35    Reply with Quote
Yesterday I upgraded my browser to safari 14 and now no game opens on piotw. I talked to apple support about this problem. They told me that the problem is known to them and that there is nothing that could be done about it at the moment. Eventually the site will adjust to it on it's own, they said.
Well, as an addict, I can't probably wait until that happens, so I reactivated an older version of Firefox...luckily that did the trick.
Any suggestions to solve this problem are very welcome!
As far as I know, we don'T have an admin to take care of problems like that...so....

pinkspoonbill

L92 Legend
Forum Novice
21 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2020 :  22:28:01    Reply with Quote
I am using an old version of Internet Explorer. I had tried using Firefox a while ago, and some of the games did not work well. One of my very favorites, Zirch, would only work for a short time, then I had to restart the machine. I couldn't get the higher scores I was used to on it. So, all I can say is I'm going to keep using the ancient IE and hope it doesn't go completely kaput on me.
Go to Top of Page

farah111

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
269 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2020 :  21:34:26    Reply with Quote
Oh...I never tried the IE on an apple computer...at least not for the last...uhm..25 years?
But you are right, Firefox isn't the best solution here on piotw...but at least it works with my favourite games.

Only the old problem: Space key doesn't work one some games ...it's the same on safari and firefox. So I guess it is an apple-problem....sigh
Go to Top of Page

pinkspoonbill

L92 Legend
Forum Novice
21 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  22:25:15    Reply with Quote
Probably. I never had a problem with the space key. Is Haplo still around? He may be able to assist with technical problems.
Go to Top of Page

farah111

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
269 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  13:01:41    Reply with Quote
no he left us alone
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: