3/29/2024 4:41:51 AM
Create an account to submit scores and save your stats
PlayItOnTheWeb Community Forum

Discussion Forums

Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
You must be logged in and level 5 or higher to post.
 All Forums
 Development Forums
 Suggestions and Ideas
 How about...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

farah111

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
269 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  20:08:32    Reply with Quote
How about installing a "Holiday/Illness"-mode and the possibility of loosing (tiny) amounts of gold for not using this mode when you have to be absent for a longer period of time?

haplo

L90 Legend
Administrator
608 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  16:30:49    Reply with Quote
I have found that in almost all situations, the same result can be achieved by rewarding the behavior you want to incentivize rather than penalizing which turns people off.

In this case, I support the idea of rewarding active players (which is the same as penalizing inactive players). Thus, we have the daily login / veteran bonus which rewards gold every day that you visit the site, which is really the same as penalizing the people that don't.

I guess you could have the Holiday/Illness mode give you the veteran bonus without requiring daily login, but I don't think that's very intuitive and people would probably abuse it.
Go to Top of Page

farah111

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
269 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  23:04:32    Reply with Quote
Maybe you are right. Maybe.
I have to admit that I have not been thinking it to a proper end. But this was about erasing inactive player-accounts more then penalizing inactive players. And it was about the possibility to lose gold...for the gold sticks to our accounts and is rather useless, at least when you have bought everything and are not into 'buying' leadership awards
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: