3/28/2024 4:02:57 PM
Create an account to submit scores and save your stats
PlayItOnTheWeb Community Forum

Discussion Forums

Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
You must be logged in and level 5 or higher to post.
 All Forums
 Development Forums
 Help / Bug Reports
 mail not working
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

farah111

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
269 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  07:18:16    Reply with Quote
agreed. But that is old cheese....it still stinks but...well...anyway. What I wanted to say: Why not give all those charts and highscores some freshness and whipe those players out that haven't been around here for more then two years.
Go to Top of Page

haplo

L90 Legend
Administrator
608 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  11:59:44    Reply with Quote
I actually have been considering a high score reset (not achievements or gold or anything, just scores) because I have been working on some new code that will more accurately track user behavior (keyboard/mouse) while playing a game so that it can be reviewed later or even used to reproduce the game to an extent (excluding random elements of the game). The point being to make it much harder to cheat. I wasn't going to say anything about it yet, because I'm not yet sure it's going to work, but if it does it'll be pretty exciting. And I was going to propose the idea of a score reset both to freshen things up (as you say) and also to get rid of old scores that may not be authentic once the new anti-cheating system is in place. I wanted to talk to as many players as possible to get feedback before deleting data from the system (like a high score wipe), but I wasn't quite ready to propose it yet because I haven't finished writing the anti-cheating code and I'm still 50/50 on whether it's going to work like I hope. But it's something I'm seriously considering, so if anybody has thoughts or feedback on this please don't hesitate to voice your opinion.
Go to Top of Page

saucyone

L99 Legend
Forum Regular
582 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  12:10:54    Reply with Quote
Sounds like an excellent game plan and I think this site is long overdue for a score reset. I'm for any actions to help lessen the chances of cheating....I give it a thumbs up!!

Edited by - saucyone on 11/13/2017 12:23:02
Go to Top of Page

lovealphonso

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
146 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  14:39:59    Reply with Quote
HI SAUCYONE, hey got your email but cannot send out because I have no "send" button at the button of the page, it doesn't scroll down....???? Any suggestions???
Go to Top of Page

lovealphonso

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
146 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  14:46:14    Reply with Quote
HAPLO YES YES YES that sounds great........I am for it !!!!
Go to Top of Page

farah111

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
269 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  05:50:50    Reply with Quote
Haplo, I'm absolutely with you. This might silence some accusing voices. *big smile*
Go to Top of Page

saucyone

L99 Legend
Forum Regular
582 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  06:56:39    Reply with Quote
And it may also silence some high scores *bigger smile*
Go to Top of Page

farah111

L99 Legend
Forum Participant
269 Posts